Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Saltie died this morning.

Go down 
+6
Zait-Bet
tristar
Lottie
fran50
cally50
salee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
salee

salee

Saltie died this morning. Empty
PostSubject: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am

thanks to everyone for their support, i want to let you know,
ian found Saltie collapsed this morning when he went to feed her for me, she couldn't get up, she had been trying but just couldn't quite make it, she was still calling hello and wanting a fuss,
i called the vet & while we waited for him we got friends with ropes, straw sacks and even a winch to raise her but almost as soon as we got her upright it could be seen she could not take her weight on her legs, she couldn't even move her hind legs for herself, then she sagged and we lowered her so she was resting on her chest, she gave a few gasps and died the vet was called back & he will make calls tommorrow to arrange to get her body moved.

she was 26 & 1/2 years old.
Back to top Go down
cally50
Admin
cally50

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:53 am

Oh I'm so sorry salee Crying or Very sad Thankgoodness she had you to care for her and she knew kindness right to the end . We feel we knew her with all the stories and she'll be missed but now she is free
Take care x
Back to top Go down
fran50

PostSubject: Saltie   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:10 am

What can anyone say Salee thank you for all the help and love you gave her, she is now free from pain and enjoying herself in the heavenly fields.
Enjoy your 2 bretons and good luck with your move.
fran50
Back to top Go down
Lottie

Lottie

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:52 am

So sorry to hear your sad news but she is now free of pain and in the fields above us with all our other cherised ponies and horses. xxx
Back to top Go down
tristar

PostSubject: saltie died this morning   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:40 am

hi salee, never did get to meet saltie, but she is never to be forgotten xx
Back to top Go down
cally50
Admin
cally50

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:45 pm

RIP dear Saltie xxx

Saltie died this morning. Sdc17311
Back to top Go down
Zait-Bet

Zait-Bet

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:03 pm

I feel very sad at your news. I'm lost for words. At least she was loved.
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: a   Saltie died this morning. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:42 pm

So sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Horseybird

Horseybird

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 am

So sad for your loss, I can see by the photo that not long ago she was enjoying life. She was very old and must have been cared for very well to look in such great shape. What a shame she couldn't fight off her infection, it was her time to say good bye.

((((((hugs))))))

RIP Saltie
Back to top Go down
http://www.pintalusian.com

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 am

Saltie died this morning. 470519 A big hug, she was a special horse
Back to top Go down
Bagpuss

Bagpuss

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 am

So Sorry to read this. R.I.P Saltie run free xxxx
Back to top Go down
Kissame

Kissame

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 am

Don't cry for the horses
That life has set free
A million white horses
Forever to be

Don't cry for the horses
Now in God's hands
As they dance and they prance
To a heavenly band

They were ours as a gift
But never to keep
As they close their eyes
Forever to sleep

Their spirits unbound
On silver wings they fly
A million white horses
Against the blue sky

Look up into heaven
You'll see them above
The horses we lost
The horses we loved

Manes and tails flowing
They Gallop through time
They were never yours
They were never mine

Don't cry for the horses
They will be back someday
When our time has come
They will show us the way

Do you hear that soft nicker
Close to your ear?
Don't cry for the horses
Love the ones that are here
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 am

thankyou all,

i am so-so ok so long as i don't go out to the barn, for the last 3 years every time i have she called a big welcome......... now all is silent, & that sets me off again Crying or Very sad

my husband is caring for the bretons, fortunantly they are just let out, & brought in to hay - nothing difficult, if he saw anything i needed to know about he would say so, i will start again soon, but not yet.

yesterday we had to get a friend to bring his 4X4 to drag her out of the barn as the collection service will not take them unless they can get to the body, that set me off again.

they collected her body today, early morning, not nice, they come with a grab arm & just haul them up and swing them into the back of an open top truck, thankfully the kids were at school.

soon i will set to washing her rugs, cleaning her tack etc, my husband cleared out her stable and threw lots of water and bleach about bless him, not a great job but he did try.

i have had quite a few emails in from visitors who came here over the last few years, many of their kids had their first horse ride on saltie in days gone by, they are sending me pics so i will make an album of her & her fan club, she also featured in a few school projects & campaigns about the live meat transports so her influence was quite wide for an old lady.
she made a big place in many hearts which will be hard to fill.

Bye Bye Saltie R.I.P in her case it stands for Run. In. Pasture as she did not like to keep still & rest.
bye
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Saltie died this morning. 470519 px
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saltie died this morning.   Saltie died this morning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Saltie died this morning.
Page 1 of 1