Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

check your horses papers- urgent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
salee

salee

check your horses papers- urgent Empty
PostSubject: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 am

hi all

i just found this on another forum & i thought it should be passed on.

any horse, pony, donkey registered in france has on its papers somewhere a part which either says IT CAN be used for human consumption or IT CANNOT,

now while i know no-one on the forum plans on eating their darling dobbins affraid it is important to check.

WHY???? confused because if your animals papers say IT CAN be used for human consumption it restricts the use of some drugs,
a vet CANNOT even if they want to administer any drug on the list of not allowed if the animal is registered as able to be used for human consumption even if there is no intention of ever doing so, No

now while some vets may take a chance, some won't, it is a risk to them proffesionally if they do it & it is not fair to ask them to break the rules.

you can change this part on your animals papers - i am not sure yet how -probably by sending in/taking your papers to i think the HARAs? & no doubt paying a fee Rolling Eyes

but i feel it is worth making the change.....just in case.

Go! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] shoo! dig up those papers & check before you forget. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
....now where in heck did i put ours??? scratch scratch bye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks for pointing that out salee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ,
pen
Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

PostSubject: Re: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 am

Yes it's on the back of your carte d'imatriculation, just above where the vender and buyer sign. I've always done mine when you get the paperwork and send it off for change of ownership and then it comes back saying 'cheval exclu de la consommation' clearly on the front.
You're right Salee 'cos you never know where your horse may end up even if you intend keeping it forever you never know what's around the corner, none of us do!
Back to top Go down
bretton

bretton

PostSubject: Re: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:12 pm

I was talking to my vet today ,he told me that even if we change it to not for human etc ,the next owner can change it back !!! affraid So the horse is only safe when its with you not for the rest of its life Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ardglassieshetlands.com
salee

salee

PostSubject: TO PRESCRIBE A TRREATMENT   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

yes bretton the next owner can change it,

the reason for the original posting was to prevent a situation where your vet WANTS / NEEDS to prescribe a treatment or drug which they cannot give if you still have the papers saying the animal can be used for human consumption.

the thought of any animal having to be denied a drug because their owner just did not know about a simple change to the animals papers is something that makes me go cold all over.

when i think of all the stuff my vet tried in salties last few weeks (without checking her papers i must say - & since she DID come to me as a meat rescue......??) but if he had checked & then if she had to have been denied drugs which might have saved her because of a mistake... well i would have been even more upset thinking 'what if?'

not something worth leaving to fate is it? bye
Back to top Go down
bretton

bretton

PostSubject: Re: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:52 am

Most of mine are from the UK so even with there Haras papers they are ok . Looked at my French ones and they are ok . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ardglassieshetlands.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: check your horses papers- urgent   check your horses papers- urgent Empty

Back to top Go down

check your horses papers- urgent
Page 1 of 1