Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Help wanted to sort out my field!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vickytho

vickytho

Help wanted to sort out my field!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help wanted to sort out my field!!!   Help wanted to sort out my field!!! EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am

Hi all, does anybody know of anyone who could weedkill & fertilize my field.
Field is in a real state!!!! Too much weed so no good for hay this year affraid
I am in st Amand near to Torigni.
Thanks in advance
Vicky bounce
Back to top Go down
morseamy

morseamy

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted to sort out my field!!!   Help wanted to sort out my field!!! EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 am

What a pity I didnt know a couple of weeks ago.
I had several goats lodging here, they would have cleared your weedy field.
I am practically in the next village to you Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted to sort out my field!!!   Help wanted to sort out my field!!! EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:24 am

yep ditto to the goat thing,
morseamy had my goats which have just come home to me, you are so close to her she could almost have walked them over, mind you they would probably have ignored the weeds etc & eaten what you wanted to keep......like they did when breaking into her veg patch...sorry again! Embarassed Embarassed

When i 1st got the 2 smaller goats they munched away at thistles etc taller than me on a paddock about 1000m2 & by the end of summer it was balder than a bowling ball, but you need to find out what weeds you have as they can't eat everything - most things but not everything.

if you don't have dangerous weeds & you want to & you take the risk you can borrow my 2 billy goats, they are good friends when the girlies are not there to stir up the testosterone levels.
bye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted to sort out my field!!!   Help wanted to sort out my field!!! EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 am

I've found that unless goats are fenced or tethered Mad that they are hopeless at clearing weeds, they are browsers rather than grazers, unless of course the little devils are somewhere they shouldn't be Evil or Very Mad then Twisted Evil . Mine are free range and I've never seen them eat a dock Rolling Eyes No short cuts I would say, invest in a scythe and go out swinging it!, it's amazing what you can achieve, even if you were to an hour a day for a week or so. It needs to be done before it goes to seed. When we moved here three years ago, we had more docks than grass, we have hardly any now Smile Dock is easy......now, bracken, that's a different story Rolling Eyes
Back to your question though vickytho, sorry, no I don't know anyone. scratch Nice to see you though. Very Happy

pen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted to sort out my field!!!   Help wanted to sort out my field!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help wanted to sort out my field!!!
Page 1 of 1