Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Fertilizer application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bonjour

bonjour

Fertilizer application Empty
PostSubject: Fertilizer application   Fertilizer application EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm hoping that our local contractor will be applying fertilizer to our main field in the next few weeks, fingers crossed because he's not the most reliable (I think he must have some Latin blood in him Laughing ). My question is, would it be a good idea to follow the application with chain harrowing or a roller, or both, or neither? I've done a quick pass with the chain harrow a couple of days ago, which has knocked the worst of the lumps out and scratched through to the dirt quite a bit. Will this be sufficient to help the fert reach the soil quickly, assuming some rainfall to wash it in?

Bill.
Back to top Go down

Fertilizer application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: