Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Mud fever (really good cream)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mud fever (really good cream) Empty
PostSubject: Mud fever (really good cream)   Mud fever (really good cream) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 am

I found some brilliant cream for mud fever
that my farrier recommended, it's made up by the
chemist in Saint Lo at boulevard de la dollée
Back to top Go down
sarap

sarap

PostSubject: Name of cream   Mud fever (really good cream) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

Can you post the name of the cream please. Its always difficult to get the correct translation. Thanks Sara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mud fever (really good cream)   Mud fever (really good cream) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:53 am

Hi Sara
It hasn't got a name, ask the chemist for his own composition
for gale de boue, he makes it up while you wait, it seems
to have quite a bit sulphur in it as it's yellow
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: Mud fever (really good cream)   Mud fever (really good cream) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 am

sounds like this chemist is maybe using a very old receipe!

a common home made general cream, often used for skin irruptions inc mud fever & sweet itch.................

it was a base cream (unsalted lard or other animal fat sometimes) or something like zinc & castor oil cream for babby's bums! with sulphur added. depending on how much sulphur it could be a creamy white or up to sunflower yellow, i suppose you made it in different strenghs? (you can still buy a powder called 'flowers of sulphur to make your own). Idea

does that sound like your wonder cream? it was said to be very good, & was only superceded by the anti-biotic version with sulphonamide based drugs (still sulphur in a posher form!!) or maybe its this 'modern-new improved one?' Rolling Eyes

a really old time & very yukky receipe i found out about a long long time ago was for sweet itch....
TRAIN OIL & SULPHUR affraid fancy getting that out in the wash!! the reason for train oil apparently was to seal off the sore skin from moisture and biddies.....not one i think i would like to try. No

if your chemists cream works cheers cheers cheers mud fever is a bloody nightmare, good luck

bye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mud fever (really good cream)   Mud fever (really good cream) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mud fever (really good cream)
Page 1 of 1