Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
salee

salee

Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 am

sarah when you  find out from your insurance please pass it on, i myself have had info which seems to conflict with other info.????????????

i was told the rider licence was needed if you  ride on the road or other public places such as moors or woodlands or bridlepaths, but not of course on you  own land, so my question would be is 'doing your own thing' another way of saying only on your own land?
i was also told my normal house cover inc damage done by my horses or any horse i was in control of while off my own land or to other peoples property while on my own land, so for example if my horse scratched his head on a car wing mirror & his headcollar left damage or if i fell off on a ride & he ran across a corn field or bumped into someones car the cost was covered less the infamous excess of course.
insurance have a knack of finding ways ot to pay up though?

by the way...hope you  feel better soon, bye
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:17 am

I'm sorry that you feel like that sarah, I thought I had given an answer.

The licence offers cover to me as an "rider" my house/horse/health ins. doesn't, so it gives me, as an individual "peace of mind" what more can I say ? Neutral 

pen

Back to top Go down
Sarah85

Sarah85

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 am

salee wrote:

i was told the rider licence was needed if you  ride on the road or other public places such as moors or woodlands or bridlepaths, but not of course on you  own land, so my question would be is 'doing your own thing' another way of saying only on your own land?
i was also told my normal house cover inc damage done by my horses or any horse i was in control of while off my own land or to other peoples property while on my own land, so for example if my horse scratched his head on a car wing mirror & his headcollar left damage or if i fell off on a ride & he ran across a corn field or bumped into someones car the cost was covered less the infamous excess of course.
insurance have a knack of finding ways ot to pay up though?

Hi Salee

The answer is that no, you do not need a rider licence to ride on road or other public place and 'doing your own thing' does not mean sticking to your own land it means not being tied to a club.

Your 'Assurance Contrat' should cover your civil responsibility and you should check this out with your agent.

These things should be checked out and having got involved in this subject I am now taking a very keen interest and getting more and more to grips with it.  

Bye   Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sarah85

Sarah85

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am

I've got the answer I have been so interested to find..........................................

OK.  I want to keep it very simple so here goes!

For INSURANCE purposes you do not need to hold a Licence Cavalier if you are covered for civil responsibility under your Insurance Contract.  If you are a property owner your contract should have a clause to cover you as a horse owner.  Check this out with your agent if you are not certain - he/she will be if they are doing their job properly.

It is of course also wise to have a Mutuelle which gives full cover for hospitalisation in the event of an accident of any kind.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.  It sure has helped me and I have also enjoyed doing the research which has led me to some interesting people also.

S
Back to top Go down
Sarah85

Sarah85

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am

Azaria wrote:

The licence offers cover to me as an "rider"  my house/horse/health ins. doesn't, so it gives me, as an individual "peace of mind" what more can I say ? Neutral 

Hi Pen

If you have health insurance it matters not how an accident occurs  regarding your financial cover.  If you have house insurance you should be covered for your horses on the important matter of civil responsibility under that.  You may be paying extra for your 'peace of mind' than you need to and you can talk to your agent about this.
Don't think for a moment that I want to make an argument out of any of this.  I do however think it is a very important and interesting subject for horseriders and owners which is why I have been trying to share the information I have with everyone here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?   Insurance -  Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance - Do we need a Licence Cavaliere ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: