Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

a load of pics of the new girls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
salee

salee

a load of pics of the new girls Empty
PostSubject: a load of pics of the new girls   a load of pics of the new girls EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 am

hi all, i got the pics to load and as promised here they are,

you can see how damaged uni is and how undamaged gwen & jonquille are,
gwen has been ridden for a short time, jonquille is still a nervous wreck, and uni is walking about doing her horsey jane fonda workout bit on her unused muscles, today they all had a mad min with chance & gerry in the big field.

here is the pics.....

https://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r519/salee-co/
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

a load of pics of the new girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: a load of pics of the new girls   a load of pics of the new girls EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 pm

a lot depends on how they come along,
gwen looks set to become a good pony, a bit fizzy but she is a clever monkey with an escapist streak, she will be dual trained to ride/drive, and i since i am tiny i will hack about on her a little too and my son will learn more on her we hope.

jonquille - i have heard back from the school - is in their opinion not safe at all for children, if she settles enough we will see if the 2 months the riding school gave her to settle was just not enough, afterall a comercial stables is often too busy to take the little by little needed for a pony worth so little in money terms. if she calms enough but not enough to be child ok we shall see if she can cope better being driven, if not then see if a companion home would be better for her.

uni :- if she straightens enough to hack then thats her role, if not then yes i may breed from her, if after treatment the osteopath is happy she can do so as she is healthy and has a good temperament and good breeding, i was thinking of either a quality pony stallion or an arab to make a large pony/smaller sports horse, something more my size or for my son when he is older.
if she does not reccover enough but is not in pain then again i would be looking for a companion home for her.....& not a spam tin!

i like the trotter breed for their calmer natures and general physical toughness as compared to the thoughbred or selle francaise, a mix with say connemara pony gets a usefull small horse who on paper should gain from the strengths of both breeds, or if i go for an arab then the qualities and courage of an anglo arab type is whats expected but with just that little less fragility and fizz than the Tb often puts into the mix.

since Uni is over 16hh and only rising 4y (april) we have lots of time to let her body repair and see if she can cope with any ridden work before deciding what to do with her & using a smaller stallion should make things easier for her if thats what gets decided. bye
Back to top Go down

a load of pics of the new girls
Page 1 of 1