Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Eye soother

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Azaria
Azaria

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:17 am

Most horses are suffering from "fly eye" at the moment, a really soothing eye wash is made from putting a pinch of bicarbinate of soda in a cup of cooled, boiled water. It works really well to reduce puffiness and runny eye's.Usual care should be taken ie. using different swabs fo each eye etc. and although I may do this a couple of times a day I always make up a fresh batch. It's a lot less severe than salt water, which I know a lot of people use [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] try it on yourself. Of course if in doubt of what your'e treating........call the vet (BHS)that's for any of you who have done your exams [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cally50
Admin
cally50

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks for that Pen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] useful to know
People also use used teabags to soothe eyes
Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Good tips, almost like they were put on for me as I have developed a puffy swollen eye since the grand kids were here. OH said it's a sign I'm run down. I think 'knackered' is more the term . The aftermath of what they've left behind is what I'm working on now!............Oh well,coffee break over( [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), better crack on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cally50
Admin
cally50

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:50 am

I know what you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Its almost an impossible task to keep ahead of jobs with children about [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] wish I had half their energy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pjayne

pjayne

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am

Just like us horses benefit from a slice of cucumber over the eye too! although they will want to eat it. I have stroked a slice over the girls eyes from now and again.
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:19 am

put a few used tea bags in a bag or box in the fridge, use them on your eyes they work even better when cold, it has to be used tea bags not just some new ones you wet as the boiling water does something to the leaves,

cold -no milk!- tea is good as a horse eye wash too, i put it on with a small sponge held over the closed eye and gently allowed to dribble down, quite a lot will go in and if they will let you you can ease out the lower lid to get a bit more in there.

last year i soaked their fly fringes in a solution of butox - let them dry before putting them on - it did seem to fend off a few more flies that way?

** cold tea is a good final rinse for brown hair, so is a solution of blackberry leaves, it boosts the shine and colour, juice of stewed nettle or lemon juice is for blonds.

advise from my old long dead county girl Nana, bye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye soother Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye soother   Eye soother Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye soother
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: