Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
calton

tips Empty
PostSubject: tips   tips EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] how long do we keep our horse of newly fertilised grass ?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] please!!!!
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips   tips EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:59 pm

I think the general advice is not until there's been some decent rain to wash the fert down into the soil. This is because the chemicals in fertilizer can badly burn the horse's muzzle. I'd leave it for a bit longer if you can still see the fert granules amongst the grass.
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips   tips EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 am

Depending on what you've used [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'd wait a minimum of 6/8 weeks, as bonjour said some can burn.....so what's it doing to the gut? as it's been so dry this year I would err on the side of caution.
Pen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips   tips Empty

Back to top Go down

tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: