Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

http://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Share | 

Running a Livery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zait-Bet

PostSubject: Running a Livery   Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:50 am

I know this topic may have been covered before, but I was just wondering if there was any one on here who runs a professional livery yard and if so what are the hoops you need to jump through in order to run a legitimate yard in France?
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Running a Livery   Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

silent  I shouldn't think it would be easy, 
I hope someone will tell you something different.
pen

PostSubject: Re: Running a Livery   Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 am

Hi 
I looked into this a few years ago, if I remember correctly then, as long as you are not providing a schooling or riding service (just muck out etc., then you can do this without any specific qualifications as you are not offering teaching etc. 
However, you will of course still have to  subscribe to the MSA and declare all earnings for the not inconsiderable cotisations required. 
If you ask SAFER I am sure they will forewarn you if the regs have changed, as I am sure they will have.
I also expect the DSV will have some input regarding welfare, and for sure, you will need to get agribusiness insurance or you will could risk being sued into the next century. 
Good luck it could be profitable if you are in a particularly good area, have a sand school etc.
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Running a Livery   Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 am

Have you managed to find out any more info zait-bet ?

Pen

PostSubject: Re: Running a Livery   Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:45 am

No Not really.  I don't have the land to do it where I am now, it was just an enquiry as we had been looking at a property with lots of land and 25 stables, but we are not going for this property now and are staying put.
But thanks everyone who replied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running a Livery   

Back to top Go down

Running a Livery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1