Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Rights over riding on farmland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

Rights over riding on farmland  Empty
PostSubject: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 pm

I put this question forward quite some time ago, but thought maybe there are some new members that might know!

What rights do us riders have when it comes to riding on farmland i.e if a field is open and there is no crop, are you allowed to ride through?

I couldnt stand it any longer and took Tia for a canter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] through a lovely field that I pass a lot and know was open at the other end. Bloomin good fun but dont really want to get into trouble! Tee hee hee!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyone know whats what on this one?

Angela x
Back to top Go down
FollyFoot

FollyFoot

PostSubject: Re: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:25 pm

I'd be cautious. Try to find out who owns the field and ask permission. Last thing you want is to get in there only to find the cows have arrived for their summer grazing when you try to get out!
Back to top Go down
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

PostSubject: Re: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:29 pm

No don't worry I don't plan on getting into a fight with any cows! LOL!

This field is always open, there is no fencing along the railway track side or the road side so no chance of any livestock
Back to top Go down
cally50
Admin
cally50

PostSubject: Re: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:32 am

Generally I don't think we can ride anywhere on fields unless permission is granted , I have sometimes gone around the edge of harvested maize fields where it can't do harm , some farmers are ok about it and some not , its better to seek out the randonné tracks if you can Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

PostSubject: Re: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

Yeah figured as much. Its so hard doing canter work with Tia, everywhere is either too rocky or too near roads, Oh how I miss the South Downs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rights over riding on farmland    Rights over riding on farmland  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rights over riding on farmland
Page 1 of 1