Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

bleep bot egg - removal tips?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
salee

salee

bleep bot egg - removal tips? Empty
PostSubject: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:46 am

hi all,
re the yellow peril, the klingons on the starbourd leg, the gremlins from hell known as.......

BOT EGGS !!!

who does what to shift 'em? anything new that works better? i know what i use, but there has to have been improvements surely on vinegar & washing up liquid or cooking oil ?

any new wonder wizz like a battery operated flame thrower? or roll over microwave or ???

i soak the leg with dilute vinegar, leave it to work then scrub like hell with a plastic scourer, & scrape off as many as i can into a bucket of soapy water, then rinse the leg & soak it in old cooking oil & scrub with plastic scourer again. i have not yet used a bot knife, are they any good? or someone said an old disposable razor?

(none of this can of course be done to Gerry!)

so what works for you?

bye
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm

A bot knife still works better than anything else I know Wink
pen
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm

i have never used 1, can you give me the quick 'hows' about using one?
& where can a body get hold of 1 quick?
do they sell them in france?
thanks bye
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:49 pm

I've not seen them in france. No "know how" needed, Wink use in the direction of the hair, if you use it the wrong way round you won't remove the eggs.
pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:08 am

I am a bit lazy but warm salty water washed and rubbed over I find works quite well, the lady who told me did point out that bot eggs are designed to come off when licked by the horse:lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.brittanybedandbreakfast.net
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:13 am

I-agree , mimicking the horses tongue.
pen
Back to top Go down
morseamy

morseamy

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 am

I dont bother to get rid of them now. Just make sure the horses are wormed.

Everytime I used to get rid of them there were just more the next day.

No
Back to top Go down
FollyFoot

FollyFoot

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:28 am

Never tried the salty wipe but will certainly give that one a go.

I use a Bot Knife too, the 'clicking' sounds it makes as it removes the eggs is quite satisfying as every 'click' of an egg becoming unattached is one less in the horse.
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 am

i tried the disposable razor with soapy water suggested by a workawayer, it did it ok but you do have to go carefull or you can take off too much hair, also some areas are too deep grooved to get it in but we still got a lot off.

& yes they come back & you start again...

i am going to worm for the little *&*&*&..ers but its still nice to eliminate as many as possible to reduce the chance that they get inside, a long long time ago i knew a horse that died of bot worm infestation, believe me if you had seen it you would be double paranoid about bot worming, NoSad but thankfully the wormers are soooo much better now, cheers

bye bleep bot egg - removal tips? 35522
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bleep bot egg - removal tips?   bleep bot egg - removal tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

bleep bot egg - removal tips?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: