Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Maycloud's blog

Go down 
+8
FollyFoot
lula
saz
scarlet
georgie
bonjour
Azaria
maycloud
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:47 pm

I had another play with the tin last night and I think I will stop there
with, it needs somebody with far more experanice than me to use it with
him.
The one shake does not work it just makes him want to
investigate it, if I do a lot of shaking I have to up my energy and
while yes he went back and out of my space it did come back to bite me
on the bum so to speak, he upped his energy and play levels [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Three vids from last night

First Tin work
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then he had to take it out on Bretty, Brett I think is less playful these days and is more "outer my space"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then Mossy having to decompress

We moved the boys tonight, both Brett & Moss where a bit wired!
think they had been "playing" when we got there but have to say as soon
as Moss was out of the field he was nice and calm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
un-uasally for him he did have a big spook just before going in the
new field, several cats where jumping up and down the hedge ( a in
season queen in there I think) any way Moss just stopped and Brett lead
him past it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] yep you read it right Bretty lead Mossy pass some thing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We
put them in the field and gave them there tea then Mossy went and had a
HUGE DECOMPRESSION time, pretty dam impressive he try and get Brett to
join but Brett was having none of it. after about 30mins he was totally
calm and I could put his spray on and he was just dripping in sweat but
look much more relaxed.
So hopefully walkies tomorrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.brittanybedandbreakfast.net
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:32 pm

A busy day today, we took the donkeys out for a walk by the canal this morning, very nice and then I got out this evening with Moss and had a lovely hour's walk out, it was just a tad warm and
by the time I got back the sweat was running down my neck and back, yuk
I took Moss on new ish walk tonight we went towards the grand tranchee
and went along the mountain bike route, he did well and just had one
spook when a jogger apeared out of nowhere [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
, actualy not too sure who was most surprised, Moss or the jogger. some
bits the route is very up and down we call it the big dipper and I was a
bit worried that Moss might tank off on the downs but after the second
one he just walk calmly down them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
he did catch me out once, just as we getting back to the main path
Mossy knew where he was and thought that he would prefer to go home on a
longer route so we had a couple of mins discussion and we went my way [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He was fab tonight though and no sign of the bongey stuff from the other night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

Well Master Mossy has gone to school:D Very Happy to learn to be a big boy, all going well he should be away about four weeks, hope he behaves himself Wink
I now have some time to do something with Brett & Teepy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They
haven't been out for ages as when ever we had any good weather I have
taken Moss out rather than them but this morning that all changed, Brett
was lying down when we got to the field he look mildy peeved and
refused to get up for some time, you could almost see him looking at his
watch going "way too early" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Any
way we got tacked up and off we went, Chrissie just walked Teepy as he
has been rather stiff so we though a lead walk would do him more good
than ridden. we had a nice outing for about and hour down to the canal
and through the woods and back then to a new field, Brett was brilliant,
a fair few things to look at and only one jump, just as I was putting
the camara away with whip under my knee and the reins just hooked round
one lttle finger [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With luck we are goign to try and do our may challange and ID class on Wednesday

Some photos of the new field
Now thats worth a ride

Don't need to reach down

Happiness is being up to your middle in grass

I went back up to the field about an hour later and Teepy was haveing a
lie down and Brett was snoozing so they are not gorging them selves [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 am

I went to see Mossy yesterday and he is being good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I went with Lula and we had a great time. First we went down to see him in his field right at the far end of the
farm, he has a nice field to himself and has some pretty little girlies
across the lane to talk to, in typical Mossy style he had taken the
fence out but was still in his field [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
so Fredrick fixed the fence then we brought him in and boy he was
leading well, horses (mares and foals) on both sides and not the bat of
the eye, in one field there is a single colt yearling who he wanted to
talk to but he walked on nicely when asked, back into the stable and he
was brushed and tacked up then out to the round pen, they did a bit of
lunging then Fredrick leant over and Cathrine led him around on the
whole he is doing great just his old problem of playing mouthy mouthy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so not taking any notice of Fredrick,
Fredrick on the whole is pleased with him and says he will be no trouble to back, he expects a couple of bucks but thats all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
they are just going to do more work on stopping the mouthy stuff
first, as Moss is fine with Fredrick at his head but is all over
Cathrine ( a new person to Moss).
They did say about Moss and his snoring [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
that the first morning he was there (his stable is right next to the
house) they heard this terrible noise and went in to look and there was
Moss flat out snoring his heart out and the poor young horse in the next
stable looking like it hadn't slept all night [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A couple of vids
first Moss really doing the Mouth stuff

then Moss is a bit more settled

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 am

Bless him! He's doing so well!

Like your trainer says, he'll be no trouble to back. You can see he's not in the least bit bothered with that chap lying over his back and tapping his hand where the leg would go.

He's just like Roo is with trying to mouth the leadrope, your hand, anything else but pay attention when being led Rolling Eyes then walking round in front of you instead of staying nicely alongside Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait o see vids/pics of him being backe and you getting up there for the first time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill.
Back to top Go down
lula

lula

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:18 pm

I always forget how big Mossy is for some reason but he's a hansom boy! I think he did really well, not the least bothered by Frederick on his back, wriggling around, patting his sides or even when he sat astride, just more interested about eating his handler, you can see it's a big game for him, the naughty boy! I'm sure they will get him over that, not sure how though scratch , maybe he needs to grab something that tastes really horrible, cribbox of something - well thats all I could think of when I got home!

Thanks for taking me ME & showing me some back lanes (& a house for sale which I found on the net lol) near your place, a really nice area! I didn't even notice you taking the video of Mossy! I'll gladly film you when you have to hop onboard flower , let me know if you want to go together next week, any excuse for a horsey trip out!
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Yes you are more than welcome next week, it will begreat to see how the little blighter is doing Very Happy Very Happy

I have been faffing about with Brett today.
First we have entered a Inter Dressage class, called cobs and coloureds,
this is supposed be a sort of show class but I really don't do showing
ie I really can't be borthered to groom much, have no way of bathing
the horse and also I have no show jacket of any sort unless I borrow my
hubby's hatch, match and dispatch jacket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
you also have to walk and trot each way and have a 360 view of the
horse. As there are only three horses entered at the mo I am fully
expecting a third but what the hell it's fun

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... e=youtu.be

Then on another forumn that I visit we do a monthly challange this month is troting without stirupps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
first go, with a bit of help from Teepy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Second time, Brett almost ready to assurt himself but we did it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please don't try drinking while watching thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am actulay very pleased with Brett, he really doesn't do school stuff, we where getting to the end of him trying to please and starting to brew a buck but he held on, we then went out for a little ride in the woods, Chrissie walked Teepy as he is still very stiff, he did loosen up but I think I'm really going to to get the vet to look at him if he doesn't improve soon, looks like it could be time for bute Sad
Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Shocked Wow! Bretty is M-A-S-S-I-V-E! and gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:46 am

We got the results yesterday and we where fourth out of four, no surprise there, we also got our comments and they actually where quite good, mainly that I should have a least a shirt and tie on if I don't have a jacket, where where my gloves? they where tucked in to my jods and I forgot to put them on Laughing, Bretty needed more humph and that his halt was resitant Shocked thats his best pace too Laughing and of course he's overweight and should have been groomed more Laughing I was tempted to send them some pis of the big Bretons Laughing

We are doing the "horse from round the world" this month and as the next field that the boys are clearing is next to the cemerty I will have access to a tap Very Happy and a large heavy metal gate to tie Brett too Maycloud's blog - Page 3 527682 so we should be able to to washing of legs amd tail and do plaiting Maycloud's blog - Page 3 527682 Maycloud's blog - Page 3 527682
Just need the sun to come out and get the camara person sorted Maycloud's blog - Page 3 722859
Back to top Go down
FollyFoot

FollyFoot

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing this with us, very interesting and lovely pics too.
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 pm

I I love you your blog, Very Happy any news on moss?? how's he doing? bounce
pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm hopeing to go out tomorrow afternoon to see him but the weather is not looking good, hopefully the begining of the week otherwise, I haven't heard from Fredrick but hen I didn't last year he does seem sort of surprised when you call or e-mail and ask how he doing Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

And we have still done bog all with Bretty Mad not just the weather but we have been doing lots of evening meals for the B&B and there go my evenings playing horses, next week is looking pretty busy too Sad still it does keep the bank manager happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Evening meals! Razz Don't you just hate it when the sun's shining and half the afternoon is tied up in prep, then you're hanging around early evening waiting for the guests to come down. Then by the time you've served, waited some more, cleared up, loaded the dishwasher and relaid table for breakfast, it's damn near bedtime Sleep

We tend to try and steer people away from booking half-board if we can. Not always possible though, especially with some of the more senior ones.

Bill.

Bill
Back to top Go down
scarlet

scarlet

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 am

sun shining, bonjour???? !!!! WHEN!!!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 am

Errrmmmm, think it was last year sometime, can't be sure confused lol!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm

So bounce How was that boy of yours maycloud?
pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh I'm sure I put it up here somewhere:scratch:

I heard back from Fredrick on Wednesday that Moss is behaving very well and has been back and ridden Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and has even ben cantering Shocked by desgin I hope Laughing
I'm going to see him on Tuesday with Lula, we didn't go Thursday due to the weather
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Not seeing him tomorrow now, Fredrick very busy tomorrow, then I'm mega busy, it's the Carhaix pop festival and we have twenty odd people staying (team pringles Laughing ) which means I won't even be coming up for air till next Tuesday.
I did get this report "Mossy va très bien , il y a quelques petits règlages à faire en extérieur"
. Got teh Mossy is going on very well, but don't quite get the "little change to make on the outside" scratch Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Hmm, that sounds interesting Laughing
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:48 am

OK update time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sorry I haven't been around for a while but this work stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Finally
got out to see Master Mossy yesterday, went with Lula and she has taken some great pics plus really helped out with the French Maycloud's blog - Page 3 120413 , he looking good, rather itchy so
I think the Homopathy stuff has worn but still at least it proves it
was doing some thing, he will go back on them when he comes home.

He now being ridden [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and in the school is very good if a bit of a plod but out hacking he's a differant horse [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
that is the slight ajustment to the outside that they where on about,
now he has discovered that you can trott and canter, it's woo hoo time,
so Fredrick is now working on getting him learn to stop and slow when
asked not when he feels like without having pull with all your might.
I did ride him myself yesterday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and yep it's a long way up but he feel quite narrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and it was so hot (32c) that we did very little Cathrine rode him for
about five mins mainly walk and little trott and I did the same, it was
just too hot to do anything and not fair on Moss either so we took him
back and gave him a hose down. I sent him with his own saddle but no
they are useing theirs with a nice think padd [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They
on the whole pleased with him and say he is a nice friendly horse but
still a baby if a large one, give an inch and he takes a mile, he is
still mouthy and I think he always will be [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anyway some vids and pics

First vids, sorry about distance and quality but it's on my phone
This Cathrine rideing him

Now picture overload
Sorting out the stirupps

At the walk

Trotting

That will do

Shower time
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers Fantastic, you must be so proud of your 'little man' Maycloud's blog - Page 3 470519
pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 pm

I am Azaria hopefully next it will be cooler and I can ride him a bit longer although he might not be such a plod in cooler weather Laughing

We film Bretty's ID test last night, well yes Thelwell comes to mind Laughing Laughing, I did remember to wash and brush out his tail, washed his socks and combed through his mane about four times, I even remembered to wear light jods, white shirt and my gloves Shocked but Brett really didn't want to play:roll: so I think we will be keeping with our last place roll Laughing Laughing I really don't know how "showers" do it way too much faff for me lol!

Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:17 am

I love your gigantic shetland! he looks very smart, lovely tail.
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Ahhhhh! doesn't Mossy look all grown up? I love you

No wonder he feels narrow, after you being used to Brett lol!

Bill
Back to top Go down
lula

lula

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I think Mossy is doing great & you jumped on board without hesitation, you look great together cheers , am sure Frederick will sort out the brakes out hacking soon! My girlie should be going up soon - just waiting for the call - eekkk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maycloud's blog
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next