Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

http://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Share | 

Maycloud's blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers  That's fantastic maycloud, I'm so pleased that you and moss are "getting along" Wink , it's going to be hard, the time of year and finding the time, but will be so worth the investment in the end. Smile And yes, who know's, one of these fine days, I could take you up on your kind offer.

Pen

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Ditto, Penny, it sounds as if you will have something solid that you can work with, although having to work Moss every day without fail seems quite a tall order!........you never know, there might be a spare side in Pen's trailer one of these days!.......Laughing  

Chris x
Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am

It is going to be tough, very tough but I will give it my best shot.
I might put an add on-line to see if any body rides round here or if anybody has a trailer so could drive over and join us
Back to top Go down
http://www.brittanybedandbreakfast.net
Chrisbduk

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Good idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Think I might have found a riding partner Shocked Very Happy  finally some here who rides out, a big fingers crossed it works
Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Master Moss came home today, Bob arrived at 11 and Moss unloaded well and even Brett didn't bust a gut getting exciting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Bob was pleased with all the things we have done, making Moss his own fiueld and stable ect.

After a quick bit of lunch it was off to ride the boy, he was a bit stressed but more to being home wanting to see the boys but on the whole he was pretty good, I led him up the field and started to do some lunging, and he thougt he would try and duck out so we had a small disscusion and I won, I think that he doesn't realsie that I too attended boot camp too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]so I just visualied Bob at the side telling me what to do and it worked we did some more then changed the rein there was another disscuion but a very small one, after a bit we stopped that and I got on we then did about another 20 mins of work mainly trot, he was brilliant a very little bit trying to pop back to the stable but nothing much. I think we did 45 mins altogether, I know I was knackered [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I took a bit of vid but for some reason only half has uploaded [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was dry this afternoon a big [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]for tomoorow, don't think I will be so lucky though
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Well. Done maycloud, keep up the good work. Thinking of you  

Pen

PostSubject: He looks lovely pet !   Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:45 am

He looks so relaxed and so do you. Fingers crossed for the weather. Very wet and windy here today. I`m like you, a bit of a fair weather rider, It must be an age thing. When I was a kid, I rode in everything. Roll on spring......
Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:55 am

Day two done, thankfully dry but pretty windy, it was a bit more exciting today with the lunging not helped by the wind and Brett having a small kick off but we survived and he was super to ride Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 am

Fan-bloomin'-tastic   The wind was a bit gusty  here today Shocked  Managed to just about keep the pony under control when my new poncho/cape got "flappy" in the wind Shocked 

Pen

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 am

we have now done six rides as of Sunday, on the whole it has been great, a couple of windy days, one rather wet day but it's Nov so I can't conplain.

Moss him self has been pretty good, he has had his moments, Thursday we had lots of planting and I'm not doing that, make me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]so I did [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]he is getting better at going straight into trot again, Saturday we had a horse ride by [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]that only happens about once a year, it did get a bit stupid not helped by Bretty kicking off and rushing off to see new horse [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]and I now relaies I did all the wrong things but in the heat of things I went all wimpy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]although once I was back on the ground I very soon get him behaving and I got back on, and even later I got off again to straighten the barrels and poles that he had scattered, he had to follow me around the school then I got back on, I now it's a very small thing but it's pretty big for me.
Then Sunday, as some of you know from FB it went pear shaped big time not Moss being naughty but mega stressed as we had a load of chasse working round us, loads of hounds baying, bells ringing, men horlering, blow horns and firing shots a right old racket they got to about 20 meters from the barn at one point [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Poor Moss lost it as the others where farting out in field too, I think he was expecting to meet his maker, he nearly trashed the stable, he broke the lunge line that he was tied up with, he has nearly taken the light out that is about 9 foot high [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]no way was I getting in the stable I tried just sitting (in safe place) not talking just being there and being calm, the chasse went off and things calmed i got another rope and retied Moss and I thought I would get Brett & Teep in feed them and get every body to relax, well it didn't work Brett & Teep where too fizzy so while Brett was tied up and Moss not too bad I opened the stable, then untied him and he walked out then I let Brett off he went like a cork out of a bottle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I let them work it all out then went back in the field I caught Moss started to lead him back to the barn when the chuffing chasse came in closer again, so I just did some leading, taking him from the boys and zig zaging around his field then made him just stand, he did it but my god the sweat on him, seeing the skin twitch [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]so I just praised him and let he loose, he stayed with me so I just stroked his shoulder and stayed with him for a bit till he was grazing then left him.
After and hour or two I went back to do tea, now normally I I just call then and they come but Sunday night I wanted to catch him and lead him in and we did he was perfect, he came in I tied him up and shut the stable and he was fine even with the fact that neither of the other two came in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Brett & Teep where both still a bit twitchy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]after tea I let Moss off and opened the door he came to the door step looked out at the rain turned round and went back in to his hay, I then let Brett & Teepy off they both where straight out but Moss stayed in and spent a few mins with me having a nuzzle and scratch then he finally turned and ambled out. so finger crossed we haven't ruined things and I must work him Monday.
Apart from tomorrow the weather is looking good for next week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today went a lot better, he was asleep at the far end of the field so we had to lead the whole way, ok in the stable and while I was pottering about but as soon as I went out he started arseing around [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]broke another lead rope [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]he was just being a git today no fear, so just keep going. tacked up and led him out perfect, got on and all well athough we did feel slightly turbo charged [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]so I just did walk to start and lots of turns and totfh till I felt he was a bit more with me and we started troting, think we did well over an hour, felt bloody knackered anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Just a few shot fired in the distance today, thank goodness
Onwards to tomorrows ride [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 am

Had another two good days and yesterday was the first time since Sunday that he didn't chew through the rope, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yesterday also the sun came out and it was lovely and warm, Brett & Teep went had a snooze in the shade!

Really struggling on how to ride proper like so I might save up and get some lessons next month, still Moss is being good, still puts in a few challages but then if he just did what he was told he wouldn't need to ridden every day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

some pics and vid of yesterday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Plenty of room for improvement

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 am

That lovely smile on your face says it all   We'll done maycloud, you are doings so well, before long you will look back at your blog, having forgotten all about the hardship and hard-work,  you will just be enjoying every minute spent on your horse.

Pen

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 am

As of the 18th Nov
We have now done 14 days at home and we have ridden 13 times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]haven't done that since I was a child [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We didn't get our ride out on Friday as the lady cancelled as her dog had gone missing, (he did turn up 24 h later) and she is now in the Uk so [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]we get out together in a couple of weeks.

Moss has calmed down in the stable and has stopped chewing the rope and gen stressing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]he has been pretty good, we had plenty to look at on Sunday and one house had people viewing, a couple of walkers and the guy at the far end cutting his grass, quite busy really, normally we see nobody [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]he has done a bit of testing, he was a real nightmare leading him in on Friday but has been ok since

On Satuday & Sunday after we had done our hour we went out! now don't get excited we only did a really pathic short bit, to the end of the road and back then to the end of the road the other way, about 500 meters each curcit we did it twice each time, we would walk down and stop at the juction and just stand for a couple of mins and the do the same at the other end, on the first curcit we where doing the Poirot minceing walk and on the last one the John Wayne walk [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]if the local farmer stops bombing up and down the next road we might try going futher.

Today I got my new reins, proper rope spilt reins [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]i have been useing two sets of rubber reins to make a set of split reins, it is amazing the differance the weight makes, the rubber are quite heavy so I could be pretty gentel when turning as the weight gave more feel well today [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I was haveing to pull! time up the skill leval have to admit it wasn't helped by somebody saying "I think we will go that way" today [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Going to get Cliff to film me at the end of the week doing the ID test field kept horse (normlement [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

as of the 21st Nov
Went up to barn this morning wondering how long it would take to dry Moss, as yesterday afternoon and night where so wet, well I needn't have worried, Moss was 99% dry and there was a large Moss nest in his stable and no hay left [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]the other two looked more like drown rats [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We hardly got rained on this morning but we couldn't do much trot work as the field was so water logged and slippy, it due to dry up now for a few days [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this Morning
Rode Moss this morning and he was a right git, I see what Bob means about him haveing to work everyday, the little blighter even put a couple of bucks in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]so we worked for about 50 mins mainly in the sun but had a few sleet showers, then I thought just go for it, go out for a bit, so we did he was all for it for about two foot then it was no thanks not today but we just stood for a couple of mins then we went off ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]we only did about half and hour but I was well pleased with the pair of us, no spooks or stops and we passed yappy dogs, flapy plastic and stupid car driver who didn't want to slow or more over [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]The boys only noticed that we had gone when we where on our way back and even then they when just stood calling, not cantering around like they uesed to do [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A big [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]we can do the same tomorrow and go further

Back to top Go down
maycloud

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:30 pm

The little blighter has now been home a full month and we have still only missed one day of riding [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
we have now done seven hacks out one of which was in company. on the whole things are going fairly well although somebody is starting to (try) reasurt himself.

Thursday was our in company ride, I had planed to do 30 - 40 mins in the school first but Karen turned up early and he was well a nightmare from start, "oh my god another horse!!!" lets rear up, bite and gen show off, did manged to get him back under control although I would have happly just let him go and then gone to pub, Finally got on and off we set, "oh no I'm not going now" more rears and bucking, ( really wanted to go the pub now) finally got him in front and things calmed a bit, we boinged down the road and we where still disscussing when a lorry went past [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]think the way to get lorries to slow is put a ruddy big horse in the middle of the road doing the hornpipe, after this he did calm down and was very good, we where out for just over the hour and he did a few other firsts, like crossing slippery bridges, loads of cows, not a real first but we haven't done then up close for a long time.
I was some what bricking it on our next ride the next day but he was brill not a buck etc, Saturday we did our first round ride (on our own) which was great too, one small disscusion on direction, then today [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]a right strop in the school of "I'm not doing that" and some pretty big disscusions on direction of which I lost the first one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]my excuse is traffic, the second one was big and long but I won and the third was a lot shorter which I also won. I think tomorrow could be intresting.

Karen is back over on Thursday so a big [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]he behaves himself

The bigger of the two bridges

The view from Saturday

Somebody is starting to look trim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   

Back to top Go down

Maycloud's blog