Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Maycloud's blog

Go down 
+8
FollyFoot
lula
saz
scarlet
georgie
bonjour
Azaria
maycloud
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 am

Right oh a quick word on who the boys are

Bretty, a 16hh Breton Trait, he will be eleven this year and one of he biggest woossies on the planet, he is getting better and will be bomb proof by the time he 25 Laughing

Teepy is a 15.2hh selle francise x something he is between 28 and 30 years old, an ex riding school horse from La Rochelle, he is a real gent and still goes out for his weekly ride (most weeks)

Mossy, 16.3hh Cob normand he will be three this May, he is pretty bomb proof and will be backed in the spring, he now does long reining and loves it.

Ok as from Sunday 19th of Feb 2012
Took Brett and Teepy out for a nice two hour ride, really nice nd sunny and no chasse Very Happy Very Happy first time for a long time, Teepy did really well and only got a bit sore in the last five mins, so Chrissie got off and walked the last bit he has been fine since, Bretty did well too as we came across a loose cow in the road, it trotted off Very Happy but it's friend then jumped out of the field to join it affraid they when turn off and jumped back into another field and took a whole load of fenceing with them, Both the boys only jumped a bit, We had both get off just in case, gave the boys their bon bons for being good.
Cliff made me a pratice bridge for Mossy but we got both Brett and Teep to cross it when we got back.
In the afternoon I did some work with Mosy, crossing the bridge, plus I put out a couple of very smelly dog cushions for him to walk over and put a flag out too. here the vid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he wouldn't stand on the cushion but I will try again and we where supposed to go round the flag!

Last edited by maycloud on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.brittanybedandbreakfast.net
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 am

Just had a really nice walk out with Mossy, an hour long reining stroll round the block, past the very smelly pig sheds and chicken sheds, they where really bad today, but Mossy was fab, he did some strange breathing but I wasn't sure if he was trying work what the smell was or trying no to breath it in Maycloud's blog 120413
He strode out very well the whole time and throughly enjoyed himself, I hopeing tomorrow to get my friend to film us doing our long reining class for Inter desssage sunny entres have to be in by the end of the month:18-):
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

lol! love Mossy's way of "doing" flags, is he always so laid back?? Such a cool dude.Cool

pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Pretty much like it all the time Very Happy he can have the odd moment Laughing

He is very good out and about too☀
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 am

Had a pretty good week really, not only did Moss get the Tuesday walk but I moved the boys to their summer fields on Friday as I have totally run out of hay and the weather is so good.
First we rode Bretty and Teepy, we had a bit of a moment as coming round one of the bends in the road was one of those big lorries that take dead animals away, he was roaring down the hill we waved to slow him down and he did a tad then waved back at us geek, Brett was fab he just stood there as it wizzed pass and this is the horse that used to buck, turn and race lorries etc affraid oh and meant to add this side of the road is a straight 15 foot drop into the little river that runs from the dam Shocked Bretty got some Bon Bons for that Very Happy
feeling that we had enough excitemeant we went though a couple of housing estates and though the joining path that has poles to stop cars but its wide enough for bikes and pushchairs etc but not really wide enough for Bretons:000: I got a bit worried when I saw Chrissie lift her feet up to ride Teepy though, so I had to have my feet infront of the saddle and then to add to the fun a small dog the other side of the fence is yapping it's head off causing Brett to put in a mini bucky Shocked there is a up side to rideing such a wide horse is that it is like sitting on a settee so plenty of leaning room and a long way to the side door Maycloud's blog 527682 we finished the ride very nicley then and left the boys stuffing them selves with Grass sunny then it was back for Mossy, he was at the far end of the field when I got back and I called him and he came cantering straight over, he did get a bit excited at getting tacked up and we had words but on the whole not bad and he was fab on the walk, I did the same route as the boys we didn't meet any lorries but loads of cars and he was really cool, we did the poles without dog and again he was cool a tiny trott on the second set of poles when he rubbed against it, he was really happy to see his mates and get down to the job of eating.
Today I have got Cliff to film my entry for interdressage, I'm quite pleased with it, not a winner but hopefully second from last to beat our finish in the last one, most went well but he would not do the TOTF, which he can do when he wants Rolling Eyes
I will post it here when I have uploaded to youtube
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Here is the vid

Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Very Happy I love your vid maycloud, well done you both [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it looks, and sounds like a summers day in your part of the world.

Look forward to the next instalment

pen
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Great vid Maycloud. I always like to see Mossy at work, he's so good, bless him!

Looks like you had the same weather as us today sunny

Bill.
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Got the results of the interdressage and we came second from last, which is better than last time.
Last time we got 62 and where last by a fair amount today was 69.5 so we have got better, I think that Mossy was the only unbacked horse in it so very proud of him.

We went out for a walk on Thursday as it was another gorgous day and he was great to tack up, hardly a problem with the bridle, he wanted to go out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He was a little bouncy to start and found something to look at and freeze, seeing a crumpled-horned snorkack nodout [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
any way as we where at a juction I wasn't too bothered as about three
cars a day go down the road, then I became awear of two car coming up
behind me and one from the other way so I just stayed, the cars from
behind didn't pass [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I looked and there was a car trying to squeeze in behind us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and the one behind that! any way Mossy stepped forward and the cars
went down the road, we followed and half way down we came across this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He didn't bat a eye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
we carried on down to the canal and up through the woods past a new
and very large (two storey!) chicken shed and again a total star at the
top of the woods we met a couple of cyclists and their large dog, they
where trying to find there way to the canal, so a few mins converasion
and Mossy just stood after the second "stand" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then back home both of use where fairly sweaty, but I will miss this weather when it's back to cold and rain.

Well Moss was in a right mood tonight, he a real tail swisher when
annoyed and tonight it was going like the clappers, all I can think of
is that for the last few days he has challanged Bretty a fair bit and
Brett beats him every time, so tonight it was a bit intresting, first
was that he didn't have enough tea and then threw it over the field,
then was p***** off because he couldn't find it to eat it, this is while
I'm doing his feet so he was still good with me, by the forth hoof he
decided to roll on his feed bucket so quick exit by me, and yes he
rolled right over and through the fencing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
now Moss has done this before and he does not panic and just untangles
himself but once he has worked out that the power is not on he is full
on through the rest to see what he can do/ get [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
so we had a few serious words as both Brett and Teep where still
eating, trying to get the fence up with him knowing there is no power
and not being able to put the power on becasue I need to handle the
fence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well we did get there in the end but I do dislike it when he is like that
but it is not too often and I suppose we can all have off days
especailly when we are a teenager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No riding this week, but I did get the next field built and moved everybody last night, they are all happy with the grass

One thing that I didn't metion was that I help walk a couple of donkeys for my friend, we took them out this morning and they are brilliant fun, here is a bit of vid of them making new friends, normally Betty brays (sings) at new horses or cattle but not today

A pic of Bretty

and one of Teepy doing Fancy dress

Both taken last year
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 am

Well spring has sprung and the boys are back at it full on, I can see why Teepy seems to be happy to be on his own [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I took these this morning and they do run in sequance and I haven't figured out how to put them into one vid, sorry

Part one is the longest
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This
is why I don't worry about not rideing Brett too much, although I do do
a gulp at the thought of catching Mossy and takeing him out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sorry about the wobble in part three but I did think that they might be coming through at one point [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Good job Bretty's got some patience. Young Mossy could get flattened otherwise Laughing

Bill
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm

I think it's a close call sometimes, he has some amazing scars from Brett has kicked him and last year needed seven stiches on his leg!
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Brett.... No I don't want to play!! Evil or Very Mad

Mossy... Yes you do, come on, come on Twisted Evil

Teepy... Those boys!! Rolling Eyes

love it Very Happy

pen
Back to top Go down
georgie

georgie

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

That's an amazing neck on Bretty Shocked He can do some pretty good rears for a 'heavy' too! Lovely to watch . Laughing
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Yep he can be pretty light on his hooves Laughing

It is an amazing neck, he wasn't cut till he was about two and half so starting to get very stalliony, it can be a bit of a night mare at times, last year I ordered a reflective neck band for Mossy to wear on our winter walks, the wrapping said "fits all horses up 18hh" well I tried it on Brett and it went only half down Laughing so I wrote to the company, first they said " I had ordered or recived a pony one" I wrote back and said no it's full size but Brett needs 2 meters 30 cm to fit they refused to write back scratch Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bonjour

bonjour

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah, that's what I call a neck! when you've got a draught horse, other horses necks look so................unsatisfyingly dainty! Laughing

Bill
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 am

They sure do Bill Very Happy

This hasn't been too bad a week this week, I keep think must do something then life gets in the way! I did manage to take Mossy out for a nice walk on Thursday, as I drove up to the field Mossy came running up to the gate [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
he
was great to groom and tack up but a bugger to put his bridle on, I'm
going to have to put his halter on first now I think, as he knows he can
just put his head up and I can't reach, although as soon as I get the
bit in he does lower his head.
We set off and all was well till me got to poo corner [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it is a small juction at the bottom of a hill, it had the run off
water drain flowing under it and a few of the houses there still have
their waste water going into it instead of the main drains and it
smells, most times only the horses can smell it but some times I can
too, they all spook there, even Teepy! Well we did turns and trying any
other road but the one I wanted, in the end I just got him to stand and
just relax while I sorted out the reins as they had got a bit tangled,
then he walked on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We went down to the canal and down part of the stair case, we had a
small problem as there was a tree down at a jaunty angle, we just fitted
under the tree cleared the cantle by about 2mm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
we went down to the road bridge he wasn't too keen on that and I had
to lead him over and then we went back up the staircase, the path this
side is right next to the canal and there are ponds the other side of
the path and little bridge to cross, there was a bit of snorting &
he was very looky but he did it we then turned off by the canoe center
and where greated with crys of Cheval Cheval a Cheval and a bouncing
boxer dog in a life jacket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We
took the road back to bridge and again not too keen on the bridge but I
only had to lead him part way across but he didn't want to go home he
wanted to go on somewhere anywhere but home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
got him to go on, we did the tree again although I got my angle a bit
wrong and we had to do a sort of a 3 point turn to get back on the path
as we got oppsite the canoe center the people started putting the
canoes in the water and paddling around so we went to a good view point
and watched them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
then back into the woods and then home, a hour and a half and my feet
where knackered!! Mossy got a good rub and some bon bons for being a
star [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Watching the canoes

Well we went to take the boys out for a ride today and Mossy was total sh@t [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It
all started well I got Teepy up from him place and groomed him the with
Chrissie help got Bretty in from the field he shares with Moss and Moss
was ok, he watched us tack up tried a couple of time to step on the
bottom tape but he always backed off at the NO, then as we led the boys
out he put his leg through and pulled all the fenceing out, shocks and
all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
even the second row, I bunged the boys into the field oppsite and
worked on the fact it has grass they won't come out, then with the help
of Chrissie try and get the fencing up and Moss back in the field rather
than the holding pen, well Moss wasn't haveing any of that thankyou and
the bugger tried to flatten me thank fully as I was ready to ride I had
my hat and turtle suit on, he got some right whops from the whip, to
get him out of my space and back up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
then when we had both calmed a bit and he started to nibble the grass
again I went through the holding pen into the field the it was "Chrissie
power off, power on" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
till I had the fenceing sorted, Moss had a couple of goes but each time
a tap from the schooling whip and back then when I had done I took some
horse nuts and put them in the field he went to get them and I closed
the tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
we jacked the power to max (new battery yesterday) and went to get the
boys, who where very happy and Bretty had stood on his reins and broken
them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
there was no way they where going straight back in the field so it was off for a walk and I have to say Brett was fab, the best walk we have ever done,
Chrissie was saying about our previous walks where I have ended up
doing the wall of death along the hedges to keep up with him, he has reall matured in the last year or two [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] We had a couple of bits of fun, Teepy who is in full moult and in a field with no scratching posts was allowed to have a good scratch on the some trees in the woods, then I took a little vid of Bretty doing "our challange" another fourum that I go on has started a ground work challange each month (I'm not sure how many I will be able to do Laughing ) this month is stand away from your horse for 10 seconds and at least 3 meteres away
Standing is some thing that Bretty does really well lol! then we moved on down to the canal where another B&B is and she is having some work and as she is at the end of the road and only walkers and bike pass the workers had spread them selves about a far bit, dumper truck type thing, ramps, power washers, tools for felling trees, Dogs etc etc, both the boys just walked on through Very Happy

Moss
was in a total sweat when we got back, again unheard off, all I can
think is that last time the boys went out was when we moved fields, the
boys didn't come back that day, as I went back and got him, also with
one thing or another the boys haven't been out for a couple of weeks,
Mossy has been out and he doesn't worry at all at leaving the boys. I
really hope that is a one off for him, and I shall be doing some stuff with Mossy hopfully tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Never a dull moment with your boy's, I love reading about what you've been upto Very Happy ( I'll look on youtube later)

pen
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 am

Well I have done sweet nothing this week, well with the boys that is, I mean I have spring cleaned most of the house, done some plaster boarding & dry lining and and had a very nice meet up with Lottie and Lula, but the boys have sat in the field and just mooched, with Mossy going can I come out today Mum? every day.

So as from tomorrow I WILL be doing stuff, well unless it's raining or I have to go to work etc, you know what it's like geek

Still waiting for Mossy's interdressage rossette to arrive, not to sure if they posted here or to my mum's address scratch
Back to top Go down
scarlet

scarlet

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 am

well forcast says lovely and sunny [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] next 2 days in normandy - so will keep fngers crossed same for you! have tried to post photos on my blog but it doesnt seem to work . have read callys instructions but that icon says copy . and it doesnt..........
any suggestions as you are so good at it!!!
ps your boys are massive - i thought thomas , my cob had a big bum and neck - but he looks positively dainty in comparison!!
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Yep our forecast is good for the first half of the week Very Happy

Most cobs look a bit small next to a Breton Laughing Teepy was sold to me as a cob, and when I first saw him I though "but he's a 14.2 fine boned pony" lol!

I upload my pics to Photobucket then resize to fit, then you click on "img code" then copy onto here
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Well I finally gave myself a good kick up the............... and I took Mossy into the school tonight [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] had no go last week for some reason but hopefully back on track now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He
was well chuffed to be out, I put his headcoller on frst and we got the
bridle on much easier, we just did some figures of eight and waveing
round barrels and bridge work, he was fab, indeed he made a b-line to
the bridge as soon as we got started [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lots of stamping on the wood and sniffing and chewing it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I also got him to stand by my mounting block (beer crate) then stepped
up and banged around with the stirupps and saddle flaps and lent across
him, he stood really well if I let him graze but when the head was up I
could only get about a min before he started to move but not too bad I
think, he didn't bad an eye at any of it even when I fell off the crate
and grabed the saddle, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Then
we had a very short walk down by the side of the field and back, we
had Teepy walking with us on the other side of the fence, he did a buck
and (v small) bolt which Mossy did a couple quick steps but he calmed
down within seconds [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Plan to go out for a walk tomorrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
maycloud

maycloud

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm

We went out Tuesday too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
we
had a very nice walk to the village center and across the main road and
down past our house and out to the fields, a couple of tractors busy
ploughing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
they had muck spead ealier and had left loads of it on the road, this
needed plenty of sniffing but in the end he just picked his way through
it, past a field of cows who ingnored us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then up past the council estate but no dogs or screaming children [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
then down the road back to the main road, a large tractor with one of
those big bowsers on the back and Moss was
....................................... fab he didn't even stop and look
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then across the road and back to the field, the other two where very happy to see him back.

Well the little monkey was a [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] today [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I
went up early to give Teepy his brekki and the other two their two bits
of carrot, Moss was great did his step back and no mugging [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then he started to paw at Brett who was still laying down (he likes breakie in bed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) so I got him to back off from Brett at which point he decided that I must want to play with him [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so we had a few mins of discussion on this point and in the end I got the last word in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A couple of hours later Chrissie and self went up all ready to ride I had my plan ready [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
plan A was put some hay in the field, that worked and while I tacked
Bretty up still in with Moss, Chrissie went off and tacked up Teepy,
when we where ready I put a double handful of horsey sweets in the hay
and slipped Brett out Chrissie then walked Brett & Teep up the road
while I shut the tapes and put the power and the little [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] didn't even notice that we had gone [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Still
we had a lovely ride out for an hour, we went down to the lake and
along side it, nearly had a bit of exitement on the beach as it had just
been ploughed and harrowed both the boys started to sniff and the knees
started to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so we kicked on and all was well, on our way back to the field we could see Mossy in the field Dozing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] he did trott up to the fence when he noticed us.
So all in all a very happy morning and half an hour after we got home it started to rain [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also
Mossy's ID rosette arrived this morning as it had been sent to my mum's
instead here, it's a very nice Green and yellow one, much more Mossy's
style than the pink polak dot one he got last time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
saz

saz

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 am

Awww look at him with his rosette I love you he looks so proud of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scarlet

scarlet

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 am

i think the warm weather is making them all into little angels!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maycloud's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maycloud's blog   Maycloud's blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Maycloud's blog
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next