Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

http://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Share | 

DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rona

PostSubject: Re: DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700   Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 am

I can't get on from the ground as have a hip problem but am often off and on on a long-distance hack especially if there is some really nasty going to negotiate and I have to get off and lead. There are nearly always banks or old tree stumps to get on from - I have never failed to find something yet! (and the naughty mare doesn't always stand still.)
Back to top Go down
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700   Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm

I was taught that, although one should be able to mount from the ground, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] from both sides, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] that it was far better for your horse and saddle to use a mounting block [fence etc] whenever possible. phew!! that's one thing I do right. Am I the only person who hates being given a leg up?
Pen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rona

PostSubject: Re: DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700   Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 am

Ha ha! I'd like to meet the brave person who would give me a leg up nowadays at my new french-inspired weight (wine and all that)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700   

Back to top Go down

DATE change 20th Feb -Randonnée -South east of Falaise -14700
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2