Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED )

https://gallopingfree.forumactif.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Version FrancaiseVersion Francaise  

Homemade Toys/boredom breakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

Homemade Toys/boredom breakers Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 am

Hi all, anyone got any good ideas for homemade toys/boredom breakers for the stable. I dont really want to go out buying these overpriced things, so anyone with any ideas!!! I've thought of a plastic bottle with a small hole in it, filled with treats tied hanging from the ceiling. DD [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] gets extremely bored and likes to wreck the stable, lifting mats and kicking walls and just generally being a naughty little monkey, which is rather annoying at like 3 in the morning Shocked. Just thinking ahead for the winter nights Rolling Eyes

Grateful for anyones ideas/input!! Laughing

Cheers

Angela [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 am

Good question Smile all I can offer as an idea is a swede on a rope I'm afraid Rolling Eyes and earplugs:lol:

pen
Back to top Go down
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:44 am

LOL! Yeah earplugs good idea!

I'll get a swede! I bought him a giant tennis ball on a rope today, so wel'll see if he thinks thats fun!! If not i'll give it to my dog!
Back to top Go down
Ripple's Slave

Ripple's Slave

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 pm

A shallow rubber feed bowl works for Ripple - she stomps then 'inside out' just to prove they are not indestructible. Often when it's not refilled quickly enough.
A cabbage also is well received- the hard white ones.
Carrots sliced longways hidden in haynets of hay worked well- we were snowed in a lot last winter so I had plenty of time to think of things.
Back to top Go down
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 am

Laughing Good idea, rubber bucket, he likes tossing his plastic one about so rubber will be quieter! I like the idea of the carrots in the hay net as well!! will try him with a cabbage as well!

Cheers!! Keep em coming!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
salee

salee

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:07 am

footballs bust or not, my welsh colt adored throwing his about, we gave our billy goat kid an old space hopper which he butted about so 1 of them might be good, or bike tyres or small car tyres bounce Basketball

little sod had a hanging strings of onions, supposedly to help his wind but instead he ate them like we would apple bob with string, i would think bigger stuff like turnip or even a salt lick might work better so they can't get a really big bite.

i was thinking of getting those hay bags with 1 small hole in the bottom and hanging it in 'space' instead of against a wall, that should make a good toy as everytime they snatch out a bit of hay it would swing and they would have to 'catch' it again for the next nibble? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

at the rate its going we will be getting game boys & wii for horses next..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

imagine a wii where they have to negotiate a set of jumps or a dressage test to win a treat....virtual reality training aids.....bring 'em on! Twisted Evil
bye [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azaria
Azaria

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 am

Does he have to come in? I have Tzar in during the day and out at night all year, theres usually something going on he can watch, I can do something with him, not just ride, I mean brush, trim, skep him out all the usual stuff, he naps inbetween, and after his tea I turn him out, it works really well..... worth trying?

pen
Back to top Go down
rubyandissy

rubyandissy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 am

Ahhh, he wont be completely shut in, he'll be in to keep my horse company, but as I know he doesnt like being shut in completely he'll have his door open and the run of the rest of the barn, still doesnt stop him bein a little devil [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] though. He has the option to be out or in the paddock at the mo, but he still likes to go into the stables for a kick about!! Such a boy!!! LOL!!!! I've had words with him today, and he said he will try and keep the play time to a minimum during the night (i dont believe him!!) Love him to bits though x Still wont be having my window open during the winter so wont hear him that much!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Toys/boredom breakers   Homemade Toys/boredom breakers Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade Toys/boredom breakers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Lovers Forum ( Founded 2010 ) ( CLOSED ) :: Horsey Chat :: Tips + Useful info or Need Advice ?-
Jump to: